Proudly working together with the ASE to help deliver an excellent and inspiring education for all young people through practical and investigative science
KS3, AS/A-Level and GCSE Curriculum Resources for Practical and Investigative Science
Working together with the ASE to help deliver an excellent and inspiring education for all young people, these co-authored resources support science departments to integrate engaging and purposeful activities within their current schemes of learning.
The research paper, ‘Analysing practical activities to assess and improve effectiveness’ by Robin Millar provides the basis for categorising purpose for the activities.
These extremely useful resources cover the following:
- Highlight opportunities for practical & investigative science throughout the KS3 National Curriculum, AS/A-Level and GCSE Specification
- Highlight the relevant curriculum for AQA; OCR 21st Century; OCR Gateway; Edexcel; and WJEC exam boards
- Identify possible purposes for each activity
- Identify equipment
- Highlight common misconceptions which pupils have
- Identify the learning demand of different concepts
- Identify the key vocabulary in the different science curriculum
To download your Physics, Chemistry and Biology KS3, AS/A-Level and GCSE curriculum resources visit: http://www.timstar.co.uk/customer/account/login/.
Please Note: You must have created an account with Timstar or be logged in to view these resources. It’s quick, simple and FREE to download.