Encouraging Scientific Enquiry and Making Science Memorable for Primary School
This year the
Society will be running an exciting new training course on Making Science
Memorable and Encouraging Scientific Enquiry for Primary School Teachers.
This one day
course will be held on the 5th of July, from 9am until 4:45pm, at
the Royal Society of Biology Charles Darwin House 12 Roger Street London WC1N
is for primary school teachers to develop upon their science teaching.
- Areas where science can be made memorable and the reasons for this being so pertinent in primary school science
- Using school grounds for biology
- Designing areas of outdoor plant science pertinent to specific school grounds
- Owl pellet dissection workshop
- How to get the most from studying how environmental factors affect plant growth and looking at ways which classes can develop investigations into plant growth
- Cross curricular links with primary school science/ biology
- Investigations into plant growth and encouraging early growth, using fast plants/ rapid recycling brassicas
- Discussion and networking opportunity
Forgham is the founder of The Primary Works and was a primary school teacher
with Hertfordshire County Council for 30 years.
served as a Gatsby Fellow, being appointed Leading Teacher Fellow in 2004, soon
after representing the UK as a delegate to The Physics on Stage 8 day conference
at the European Space Agency in The Netherlands. He also served as coordinator
and leader of East Herts. science advisory service at Hertford Teachers' Centre
in the 1980′s and has given numerous workshops, lectures and conference talks
on all aspects of primary science.
In 2006 he
qualified, through ISSET, to lead space camp courses, offering the best that
NASA can offer which he has since used when organising and running a three day
space camp for gifted and talented key stage 2 scientists.
information and registration is available on our website: https://www.rsb.org.uk/events/event_encouragingscientificenquiryandmakingsciencememorableforprimaryschoolteachers