Ages 7 – 11 & 11 - 14 – Chemistry/Events
Salters’ Institute Festivals of Chemistry
The Salters’ Institute, in partnership with the Royal Society of Chemistry, will be holding the Salters’ Institute Festivals of Chemistry between March and June 2017. These are popular and inspiring one-day events held at various Universities and Colleges throughout the UK and Ireland.
Students will experience…
- Exciting hands-on practical Chemistry challenges in University/College labs
- Carrying out investigations “like a real Chemist”
- Team working and independent problem solving
- Amazing chemical demonstrations
- Prizegiving ceremony with prizes for winning schools
- Fun prizes and certificates for all participants
No prior preparation is required.
Calling all Chemistry Teachers…
- Hear what the Salters’ Institute is doing
- Come and meet your local RSC Education Co-ordinator
- A chance to network with like-minded colleagues
- Participate in CPD opportunities
Entry is restricted to one team of four students from:-
- Years 7 and/or 8 in England and Wales
- Years P7 and/or S1 in Scotland
- Year 8 and/or 9 in Northern Ireland
- Primary 6 and/or Secondary Year 1 in the Republic of Ireland
The entry fee for each Festival is £30 (€35) per school (non-refundable) plus travel expenses.
Don't miss out on participating in one of these fantastic events.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.festivalsofchemistry.co.uk.
The Salters’ Institute is the flagship charity of The Salters’ Company (a City of London Livery Company)
The Salters’ Institute is a Registered Charity No. 328463