Science resources supplier, Philip Harris, has begun
celebrating its 200th year of business.
The brand was originally founded in 1817 by Thomas Ellis,
a surgeon and Philip Harris a chemist. In 1825 they set up a shop in
Birmingham’s Bull Ring and supplied science equipment for the purposes of
By 1835 Philip Harris had bought the business and so
changed the name to simply Philip Harris as
we know it today.
Philip Harris is now owned by the Findel group and
provides high quality science resources both in the UK and Worldwide.
The anniversary celebrations began at the Association for
Science Education (ASE) annual conference where some original products from the
19th century where displayed alongside the current range. The team really
enjoyed the opportunity to discuss the legacy of the business with current and
new customers. The old products especially, were a talking point creating a mix
of intrigue and nostalgia.
The anniversary will be the focal point of the brands
marketing communications for the remainder of 2017.
visit the philip harris website