ASE is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ASE may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 5th January 2021.
When we ask you to provide information it is often (but not only) to enable us to enhance your website visit, or send information on something that we believe will interest you or reply to you after your visit. This would include where you subscribe to any online newsletters or provide feedback to us through a contact form or when you complete any online competition form or survey we may offer from time to time. When you register we ask you the questions set out on that page to obtain your personal information. We may use (and you consent to the use of) your personal data for future email, mailings, phone or other forms of contact, notification of new services, competitions and new versions. In relation to any regular contact, you can unsubscribe at any time. We do not sell your information or disclose it outside our organisation and project partners.
What we collect
We may collect the following information when you register to use the site or associated digital services:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- ethnicity/gender-related information (always strictly optional)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services, and to influence the decision-making process around new content/resource creation.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To help us track our progress in working towards our stated organisational goals around inclusion and diversity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
This website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses "cookies", to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Cookies set by our Site include:
ASP.NET_SessionId - When you connect to our Site, a unique session ID will be associated with you. This cookie will contain your session ID and the cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser).
SitesumaCookieConsent - This cookie is used to remember that you have dismissed the cookie notification, it expires after 1 year.
Sitesuma - This cookie is only created if you log into our Site. This cookie stores your authentication data and will expire at the end of the session.
SitesumaSettings - This cookie is only created if you log into our Site. It will expire after 1 year.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you first register for our newsletter you opt-in for email updates. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the emails.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and request the deletion of your record by us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy, please email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Association For Science Education, College Lane, Hatfield, Herts AL10 9AA T: 01707 283000