Primary Engineer i
s a not-for-profit organisation established in 2005 with the aim of encouraging more young people to consider careers in STEM related professions. Its work is supported by Tomorrow's Engineers and industry.
STEM Courses with 2 whole-class kits delivered for free
We have a number of regional industry funders supporting the development of STEM education in the classroom by funding two teachers per school in regions across the UK to attend the online Structures and Mechanisms with Basic Electrics course and kit to enable the delivery of the project.
Our one day, virtual, practical CPD course for Primary Engineer Structures and Mechanisms with Basic Electrics programme will enable you to deliver whole-class, curriculum-mapped design technology engineering themes projects and be partnered with an engineer to work with you on the training day and after with pupils.
Develop skills, both practical and cognitive with your learners as they use and apply maths and science through a design and technology project. Link it to learning themes and deliver cross-curricular teaching confidently.
- Key Stage 1/Lower primary and Key Stage 2/Upper primary CPD training and resources for 2 teachers
- Meet your curriculum requirements for D&T and focus science, maths and literacy skills
- Improve resilience, problem-solving, through the design process
- Improved confidence in designing and making products that are fit for purpose.
- Learn how to integrate simple electric circuits into a working vehicle
- Delegates will take away working models, access to classroom teaching resources and be provided with kit containing tools and consumable teaching resources for two classes
- Access on line teaching resources and use the kit of tools and consumables delivered ahead of the course.
Due to limited availability, places are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. You will receive the kit and access to digital resources ahead of the online course date you are confirmed to attend.
To learn more and find out if your eligible for funding, please visit https://www.primaryengineer.com/cpd-programmes-registrations/